Presentation will cover
- Preliminary feasibility study identified preferred route based on utility plan assessment. GPR then carried out for most of preferred route.
- Detailed design phase will complete GPR for areas not previously done, and look more closely at congested areas id’ed from 1.
- Detailed design phase to involve potholing for congested areas.
- Pending confirmation of route from detailed design notifying WCC and NZTA of Major Works as defined under the Code.
- Notify other utility operators as required under the Code, as notification of work near their assets and opportunity for trench sharing and road works deferment.
- Resource Consent for the earthworks and work near heritage structures.
- Communications as required by the Code aim at early consultation and notification of affected parties including direct contact with WCC / NZTA, website, letter drop and signage for affected residents, businesses and traffic.
Brendan has been the General Manager Service Delivery since September 2015. Prior to this, Brendan held the positions of acting General Manager Network and Operations along with Capital Works Manager, having joined Wellington Electricity in 2009. Before joining Wellington Electricity Brendan worked in distribution for Vector and in transmission for Transpower in a range of engineering, operations and project management roles. Brendan has over 25 years experience in the electricity industry. Brendan holds a New Zealand Certificate of Engineering – Electrical option.